West Michigan Estate Planning Lawyers
An effective estate plan provides advantages beyond just a simple will. At Haveman Law Office, we consider an estate plan similar to a family’s insurance policy. We develop customized estate plans focused on addressing important questions such as:
- How should your assets and property be allocated in the future?
- Who should legally make important decisions for you if you are no longer able to?
- Who do you trust to raise your children if something happened to you or your spouse?
- How can you set aside assets for a child with special needs?
I am Hudsonville attorney Geoff Haveman, and our law firm provides individuals and families throughout Western Michigan with customized solutions. My estate planning practice offers individualized attention to fully understand clients’ financial situation and long-term goals for their family. Contact my law firm to schedule a consultation with a highly skilled estate planning attorney.
Offering Customized Estate Planning Solutions
in Western Michigan
We will take the time to help you examine all of your legal options, while seeking to understand your family’s immediate and future needs. The time we spend with you will be invaluable in helping us develop a simple or comprehensive estate plan taking into account the services that would be most beneficial to you and your family such as:
- Wills. Establishing a will is an important way to protect your assets. My legal team and I are available to help you designate how you would like your assets divided, what you would like to do with you real estate investments and who you like to take custody of your children. When you select my law firm, we will take the time to draft a will that takes into account your financial position and your family’s immediate and long-term goals.
- Trusts. My legal team and I are available to develop trusts that designate a fiduciary or a trustee to manage assets intended for a beneficiary or another purpose. Depending on your plans, we can help you establish a wide range of trusts, including irrevocable and revocable trusts, special needs trusts, charitable trusts and living trusts.
- Advanced health care directives. Planning ahead and outlining your health care wishes in the event you become incapacitated can prevent your family from making difficult medical decisions on your behalf. Advanced heath care directives can also prevent prolonged disputes, since your family will fully understand how to follow through with your wishes.
- Durable power of attorney. My law firm can help you establish a power of attorney, which will grant someone you trust the power to make financial decisions on your behalf if you become mentally or physically incapacitated. We are committed to making sure your rights are protected, whether you are interested in creating a durable power of attorney for yourself or your loved one.
Contact an Experienced Wills and Trust Attorney in Hudsonville
At Haveman Law Office, we are offer experienced estate planning solutions to clients throughout Western Michigan from our office in Hudsonville. Contact my law firm today to schedule a consultation with a highly skilled wills and trust lawyer.